Asia Cup: After Two Years, Dhoni Captained The Team, 200th ODI As Captain, Match Was Tie.
- #Dhoni in his captaincy until now India won 110 ODIs.
- Taking the command of Team India scored average 50+.
Sports Desk: #Mahendra Singh Dhoni took the command of Team India against Afghanistan in the #Asia Cup on Tuesday. The fight against Afghanistan has been tie-up. It was Dhoni’s 200th ODI as #captain. He became the world’s third cricketer to captain more than 200 ODIs. Before that, Australia’s Ricky Ponting and New Zealand’s Stephen Fleming touched the figure.
11 years ago, took Team India’s command for the first time in ODI: Dhoni took charge of Team India in ODIs for the first time on 29th September 2007. Earlier, he had led the Indian team in the ODI against New Zealand at Visakhapatnam on October 29, 2016.
India made five changes: India has already reached the final of this tournament. In such a situation, it was already speculated that he would give chance to his players sitting on the bench against Afghanistan. India made five changes in this match.
Team India dropped Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jaspreet Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar and replaced with KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, #Deepak Chahar, Siddharth Kaul, and Khalil Ahmed.
Deepak Chahar’s ODI debut: From this match, Deepak Chahar started his international ODI #cricket career. Before the match, Dhoni helped him to wear a blue cap. Deepak had played only an international T-20 before.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- Century Partnership For The First Wicket Against India For The First Time This Year, Australia 277/6 - December 15, 2018
- Second Test: Our Favorite Pitch At Perth, Our Bowlers At 142 Shocks At Two Foreign Tours: Bharat Arun - December 15, 2018
- If India Wins One Of The Next Two Tests, It Will Be The Best Performance Of 86 Years Abroad - December 15, 2018