Asia Cup: After Two Years, Dhoni Captained The Team, 200th ODI As Captain, Match Was Tie.
- #Dhoni in his captaincy until now India won 110 ODIs.
- Taking the command of Team India scored average 50+.
Sports Desk: #Mahendra Singh Dhoni took the command of Team India against Afghanistan in the #Asia Cup on Tuesday. The fight against Afghanistan has been tie-up. It was Dhoni’s 200th ODI as #captain. He became the world’s third cricketer to captain more than 200 ODIs. Before that, Australia’s Ricky Ponting and New Zealand’s Stephen Fleming touched the figure.
11 years ago, took Team India’s command for the first time in ODI: Dhoni took charge of Team India in ODIs for the first time on 29th September 2007. Earlier, he had led the Indian team in the ODI against New Zealand at Visakhapatnam on October 29, 2016.
India made five changes: India has already reached the final of this tournament. In such a situation, it was already speculated that he would give chance to his players sitting on the bench against Afghanistan. India made five changes in this match.
Team India dropped Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jaspreet Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar and replaced with KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, #Deepak Chahar, Siddharth Kaul, and Khalil Ahmed.
Deepak Chahar’s ODI debut: From this match, Deepak Chahar started his international ODI #cricket career. Before the match, Dhoni helped him to wear a blue cap. Deepak had played only an international T-20 before.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- Team India’s Selection For The Series Against Australia On February 15, Kohli’s Return Fixed. - February 17, 2019
- Wanted To Set A Six For The Last Over Against New Zealand, So Did Not Took Single: Karthik - February 17, 2019
- Sangakkara Praised Virat, Said He Would Be One Of The Great Cricketers In A Few Days. - February 17, 2019