Asia Cup: Dhawan Says The Team Performs Well Despite Virat’s Absence
- Kohli is replaced by #Rohit Sharma as Captain.
- #Shikhar Dhawan now scored two centuries in the tournament.
Sports Desk: #Indian team‘s Vice-Captain Shikhar Dhawan denied the pressure of regular Captain #Virat Kohli‘s absence. He said that even if Virat is in the Team or not, we play according to as expected. We are making runs for the Team and this is the most important thing.
Shikhar said – Kuldeep-Chahal’s role is important in the final: On taking the rest of the five players against Afghanistan, Shikhar said, “In the last match, five players including Rohit had taken a break, I was also involved. We wanted everyone to get the full chance and the match went to the last ball and all got the perfect opportunity.” The match ended with the tie.
On the strategy against Bangladesh, Shikhar said, “We have to take wickets from the beginning, we have to put pressure on the middle overs. For this, our two spinners(Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal) will play a key role. The googly of both is not easy to understand.”
Regarding any pressure on his batting of the vice-captaincy, Shikhar said, “The vice-captaincy has no effect on my batting, all the pressure is on the captain. I am enjoying my game and I will also continue my performance in the final as well.”
In the tournament, Shikhar has scored 327 runs, including two centuries. He had scored a century against Hong Kong in the group stage and against Pakistan in Super-4. India won both matches.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- Century Partnership For The First Wicket Against India For The First Time This Year, Australia 277/6 - December 15, 2018
- Second Test: Our Favorite Pitch At Perth, Our Bowlers At 142 Shocks At Two Foreign Tours: Bharat Arun - December 15, 2018
- If India Wins One Of The Next Two Tests, It Will Be The Best Performance Of 86 Years Abroad - December 15, 2018