Asia Cup: Dhawan Says The Team Performs Well Despite Virat’s Absence
- Kohli is replaced by #Rohit Sharma as Captain.
- #Shikhar Dhawan now scored two centuries in the tournament.
Sports Desk: #Indian team‘s Vice-Captain Shikhar Dhawan denied the pressure of regular Captain #Virat Kohli‘s absence. He said that even if Virat is in the Team or not, we play according to as expected. We are making runs for the Team and this is the most important thing.
Shikhar said – Kuldeep-Chahal’s role is important in the final: On taking the rest of the five players against Afghanistan, Shikhar said, “In the last match, five players including Rohit had taken a break, I was also involved. We wanted everyone to get the full chance and the match went to the last ball and all got the perfect opportunity.” The match ended with the tie.
On the strategy against Bangladesh, Shikhar said, “We have to take wickets from the beginning, we have to put pressure on the middle overs. For this, our two spinners(Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal) will play a key role. The googly of both is not easy to understand.”
Regarding any pressure on his batting of the vice-captaincy, Shikhar said, “The vice-captaincy has no effect on my batting, all the pressure is on the captain. I am enjoying my game and I will also continue my performance in the final as well.”
In the tournament, Shikhar has scored 327 runs, including two centuries. He had scored a century against Hong Kong in the group stage and against Pakistan in Super-4. India won both matches.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- Team India’s Selection For The Series Against Australia On February 15, Kohli’s Return Fixed. - February 17, 2019
- Wanted To Set A Six For The Last Over Against New Zealand, So Did Not Took Single: Karthik - February 17, 2019
- Sangakkara Praised Virat, Said He Would Be One Of The Great Cricketers In A Few Days. - February 17, 2019