Khaleel Gave An Objectionable Gesture To Samuels, ICC Warned
- Khaleel dismissed Samuels in the fourth ODI in Mumbai.
- While returning to the pavilion of Samuels, Khaleel shouted at him.
New Delhi: The left-handed bowler #Khaleel Ahmed has been reprimanded by the International #Cricket Council (ICC) after the fourth ODI played in Mumbai. He gave an offensive response after dismissing West Indies player Marlon Samuels. After this incident, he has also received a demerit number from the ICC.
Khaleel took three wickets in this match. India won by a huge margin of 224 runs. This led to a 2-1 lead in the five ODI series. The second match played at Visakhapatnam was the tie.
Khaleel violated rule 2.5: Khaleel dismissed Samuels in the 14th over of the West Indies innings. When he was returning pavilion, Khaleel was shouting at them. The Indian player was found guilty of level 1 offense under the ICC Code of Conduct rules for his behavior. He violated Rule 2.5. This rule is related to offensive language, behavior or wrong gestures, aggressive reactions.
Confessed in front of the match referee: Khaleel accepted the crime imposed by match referee Chris Broad. This did not take official action against him. On the field umpires Ian Gould, Anil Chaudhary, third umpire Paul Wilson and fourth umpire C Shamshuddin charged Khalil. After this Broad announced punishment to Khaleel.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- In The Team, I Get To Hear The Most From Ravi Shastri Only: Kohli - November 17, 2018
- Australia Without Smith and Warner Is Like India Without Virat And Rohit: Ganguly - November 17, 2018
- Rohit Will Not Play in New Zealand, BCCI Rested Him For Australia Tour - November 17, 2018