Adelaide Test: Australia Drops Mitchell Marsh, Marc Harris To Test Debut
- Marsh scored 104 runs in the last five innings and took five wickets.
- Harris to become Australia’s 456th Test player.
Adelaide: Australia has announced the last XI for the first Test of the three-match series against India. Australia has dropped #Mitchell Marsh. Peter Handscomb has been included in his place. At the same time, Marc Harris will also start his international career with this match. To exclude Mitchell means that Australian captain #Tim Paine will come against India with less bowling options.
Travis Head as part-timer bowler: However, off-break bowler Travis Head can play the part-timer bowler. Marsh’s performance in the Test series played against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi in October this year was disappointing. He scored 30 runs in two Tests and took two wickets.
Earlier, in South Africa tour in March, he was unable to perform anything specially. He had scored 96 runs in the first Test of the series in Durban, but after that, he could not even score 50 in the remaining three matches.
Australia team is as follows: Tim Paine (captain and wicketkeeper), Marc Harris, Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- Century Partnership For The First Wicket Against India For The First Time This Year, Australia 277/6 - December 15, 2018
- Second Test: Our Favorite Pitch At Perth, Our Bowlers At 142 Shocks At Two Foreign Tours: Bharat Arun - December 15, 2018
- If India Wins One Of The Next Two Tests, It Will Be The Best Performance Of 86 Years Abroad - December 15, 2018