After Perth, The ICC Also Gave An Average Rating To Melbourne Pitch
- There were 271 matches at the #Melbourne Cricket Ground so far, out of which 249 resulted.
- In the last Test here, India defeated Australia by 137 runs.
Melbourne: The #International Cricket Council (ICC) has given an average rating on the pitch of the Melbourne #Cricket Ground after the third Test between India and Australia. The ICC also gave average ratings to Perth’s pitch. The second match of the four-match series between India and Australia was held in Perth. Giving of the average rating means that the ICC will not give any demerit point to the Melbourne Stadium.
5 demerit status lost at an international status:
- According to the ICC rules, if a stadium gets five demerit points during five years, then its international status is dropped.
- Boxing Day Test was held between Australia and England last year in Melbourne. The match was a draw. After this, the ICC had given three demerit points to this pitch.
- According to the Sydney Morning Herald report, Melbourne’s current pitch is about 15 years old, but it will be used in the next season.
- Here are four new pitches to be prepared. However, he will take about three years to fully prepare, and by then the same pitch will be used.
- Many cricket critics, including Australian cricket coach Justin Langer, were surprised at the ICC decision when Perth’s pitch was given an average rating.
Latest posts by Anuja Chaudhary (see all)
- Sachin Said About His Son – If He Fails, Does Not Matter, There Is Always A Chance. - March 23, 2019
- Some Fun Facts About Cricket - March 23, 2019
- In The Third ODI, The Indian Team Wore The Army Cap The To Give Homage To Martyrs, Pakistani Minister Got Angry And Said It Is Against The Game Spirit. - March 23, 2019