Some Fun Facts About Cricket
There is no doubt that #cricket is not just a sport in India but it is just like a religion. Whether it is a child or elder everyone is crazy about this sport. Let’s know some fun facts about this game.
- Cricket’s first Test match was played between Australia and England. This match was played on Australia’s Melbourne Cricket Ground on 15 March 1877.
- The first ODI match of cricket was played between Australia and England in 1971.
- Australia’s batsman Charlie Bannerman was the first batsman in the world to score a century in the Test match. He made the first century of Test cricket in 1877.
- The first run of international cricket was made by Australian team batsman Charles Bannerman.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first player in the world to be given out for the first time by the third umpire.
- Chris Gayle is the only batsman in the world who has hit six on the first ball of Test cricket.
- Saif Ali Khan’s Dada Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi is the only player who has played Test matches from two countries. He has played a Test match from both the teams of India and England.
- England batsman Alec Stewart was born on 8-4-63 and he scored 8463 runs in his Test match career.
- Virender Sehwag’s highest score is 119 (ipl), 219 and 319 in the T20, ODI and Test match.
- The interesting fact associated with India’s bowler Ishant Sharma. In the 21st century, the three batsmen who scored the most runs against India, Ishant Sharma left the match. These three batsmen – Alastair Cook (scores 294), Michael Clarke (scores 329) and Brendon McCullum (scores 302).
- Sri Lanka’s allrounder Sanath Jayasuriya has taken more wickets than Shane Warne in one day cricket.
- Sourav Ganguly is the only cricketer to win the Man of the Match award four times in 4 matches.
- Rahul Dravid (runs) + Zaheer Khan (wickets) = Jacques Kallis (runs + wickets).
- Chris Martin and S Chandrasekhar are two world-class players who have scored more runs than Runo in their entire Test career.
Martin – 71 Tests – 123 runs – 233 wickets Chandrasekhar – 167 runs – 242 wickets
- England’s player Wilfred Rhodes has scored 4,204 wickets in first-class cricket and 39, 969 runs.
- Inzamam Ul Haq is the first Pakistani who took a wicket on the first ball of his career.
- Don Bradman had only 6 sixes in his career.
- Pakistan’s star spinner Saeed Ajmal has won many matches in Pakistan but he has not got man of the match award yet.
- To date, the biggest coincidence (history) of cricket history occurred when South Africa needed 111 runs on 11/11/11 at 11/11, and one wicket was lost.
- Australia defeated England by 45 runs in 1877 for the first time in Melbourne Cricket Ground. Just 100 years later, on the same ground in 1977, Australia defeated England by 45 runs.
- India is the only team that has won the World Cup of 60 overs, 50 overs, and 20 overs.
60 over – 1983 50 over – 2011 20 over – 2007
- VVS Laxman is the only player who has played more than 100 Test matches but never played a World Cup match.